Monday 22 August 2011

New St George Wharf Pier at Vauxhall to open mid-September



I had a nice little post planned for this morning on the new pier at St George Wharf in Vauxhall, but the lovely Tradescant Road blog has pipped me to the post, accusing me of *horrified shriek* edging my way into his SW8 patch! I am so naughty... But who wants to let a small matter of a postcode interfere with interesting local goings on? So, do go and read his post, where he has purloined some photos taken from the pier itself looking back towards St George's Wharf.

You'll see above two unique photos, (captured by my fair hand on Friday night in the face of hundreds of bemused drinkers from Oval cricket ground). The pier isn't quite finished yet and is still boarded off from the general public . I think it needs a few finishing touches as there appeared to be a bit of building detritus still in place. Naturally, I've done a bit of digging and have been told that the pier is to open officially in the middle of September.

Thames Clipper Services will run from the pier and frequency of boats will also be announced in mid-September. Oyster Pay as You go card holders will receive a 10% discount on Clipper tickets and travelcard passengers are entitled to 1/3 off of Clipper prices. I've not been able to determine whether any other services will use the pier, but I'm pretty excited about its opening...

3 comments:

john said...

It's good to see things like this happening on the river, whereever they are. I'm only sad about the fact that more people will now realise that this is the best place for a summer's evening drink in London bar almost none. Mixed blessings I suppose.

Anonymous said...

postcode wars?

Anonymous said...

Top websites regarding st george wharf are:
http://www.stgeorgewharf.eu/
http://fraserbond.co.uk/
http://flexiflat.co.uk/

Label Cloud

Blog Archive